We care about your personal data
Allianz SAL (“we, “us” or “our”), a part of the Allianz Group, is a Lebanese-authorized insurance company providing insurance products and services.
Protecting your privacy is a top priority for us. This privacy notice explains how and what type of personal data will be collected, why it is collected, to whom it is shared or disclosed and your rights in this regard.
Please read this notice carefully
1. Who is the data controller?
A data controller is the individual or legal person who controls and is responsible to keep and use personal data in paper or electronic files. We are the data controller as defined by relevant data protection laws and regulation.
2. What personal data will be collected?
We will collect and process various types of personal data about you, as follows:
• Full name
• Age/Date of Birth
• Contact details (e.g., email address and telephone numbers)
• Identification Document number (i.e., passport number)
• Identification Document
• Marital Status
• Driving license details
• Tax Residency
• TIN Number
• Current employment information
• Previous employment information
• Dependents/Spouse/Partner/Family Details
We will also collect and process “sensitive personal data” about you, for example, data resulting from medical reports or from death certificates, your medical claims history, details of physical and psychological health or medical conditions, credit/debit card and bank account details.
3. How will we obtain and use your personal data?
We usually collect your personal information from you or your agents.
We may also collect your personal data from:
• Our agents, brokers, and business partners;
• Other insurers and insurance reference bureaus;
• Medical providers;
• Loss adjustors or surveyors;
• People who are involved in a claim or assist us in investigating or processing claims, including third parties claiming under your policy, witnesses, and
• Fraud prevention agencies;
• Search information providers;
• Your employer;
• Third parties who may be arranging insurance cover for a group that you are part of;
• Law enforcement;
• Dispute resolution, statutory, and regulatory bodies;
• Marketing lists and industry databases; and
• Publicly available sources. We will use your personal data provided to us for a number of purposes including but not limited to the below:
• For insurance contract administration (e.g., quotation, underwriting, and claims handling);
• For conducting market research and analytical purposes, and to assist us improving our processes, services, and products;
• To inform you about our events, services, products, and news;
• For fraud, money laundering, and terrorist financing detection and prevention; and
• To comply with any legal obligations (e.g., tax, accounting, and administrative obligations).
We will inform you where we require your consent to process your personal data. Otherwise, we will process your personal data to meet our legitimate business interest or where it is needed to comply with a legal obligation. In addition, we may also process your personal data to enter into a contract with you or to perform our obligations under an existing contract with you.
We will need your personal data if you would like to purchase our products and services. If you do not wish to provide this to us, we may not be able to provide the products and services you request, that you may be interested in, or to tailor our offerings to your particular requirements.
4. Who will have access to your personal data?
We will ensure that your personal data is processed in a manner that is compatible with the purposes indicated above.
For the stated purposes, your personal data may be disclosed to the following parties who operate as third party data controllers:
• Public authorities;
• Other Allianz Group companies;
• IT developer companies;
• Our agents;
• Other insurers, co-insurers, re-insurers, and insurance intermediaries/brokers;
• Medical providers;
• Insurance fraud investigators;
• Screening providers; and
For the stated purposes, we may also share your personal data with the following parties who operate as data processors under our instruction:
• Other Allianz Group companies,
• Technical consultants, experts, lawyers, loss adjusters, auditors and medical doctors; and
• Service companies to discharge operations (e.g., claims, IT, postal, and document management); and
• Advertisers and advertising networks to send you marketing communications, as permitted under local law.
We do not share your personal data with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
Finally, we may share your personal data in the following instances:
• In the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including any insolvency or similar proceedings); and
• To meet any legal obligation, including to the relevant ombudsman if you make a complaint about the product or service we have provided to you.